Looking to grow your personal relationship with Jesus? There are three things you will need to set aside some time regularly for: reading and applying the Bible to your life, prayer, and getting accountability with other followers of Jesus. The last part is where growth groups come in.
How they work:
- You and a friend or two of the same sex get together for intentional conversations about your relationship with God. Use the Discussion Guide as a framework for your conversation. We suggest getting together every other week, but figure out what works best for your group.
- As a group, agree on what part of the Bible you’ll read between now and the next time you meet. Be ready to discuss the parts of Scripture that you are trying to apply to your life.
- Pray for each other regularly and for your three closest friends that are disconnected from faith. You can use the Prayer Guide section as a framework for your prayer.
- Invite an additional friend from Grace Church to join your group. Once there are four regulars in your group consider splitting into two groups of two and repeat the process.
- How far into the Scripture reading did you get?
- What part of the reading can you apply in your life?
- Who are you currently praying for?
- Did you have an opportunity to share your faith with a friend?
- Did you get a chance to meet the needs of someone else?
- How were you generous/understanding in your important relationships?
- Have your words, actions, and thoughts been pure, honest and honoring to God?
- How are you putting God first in your finances and living within your means?
- Are you, right now, content in every area of your life?
- How can I pray for you?
- Thank God for the ways he has blessed you.
- Confess your sins to God, ask forgiveness and thank Jesus for taking the punishment for those sins. Ask him to give you the strength not to sin in that area of your life again.
- Pray for your three closest friends. Ask God for boldness when he gives you opportunities to share your faith with them.
- Pray for God to continue meeting your needs and help you become a blessing to others.
- Ask God to help you be more like Jesus in every area of your life.